My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Espresso Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies {Crumbs and Chaos}

Pin It

What a fun day today is going to be. Becca from Crumbs and Chaos is here to share a yummy recipe with you! Becca and her 3 sisters blog together and have some awesome recipes you just have to try! Nutella Donuts? Love them! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches? Gotta have these! S'mores Brownies? Yes, please. I'll take 5. Crumbs and Chaos has no shortage of delicious treats, trust me!
Let's give Becca  a nice warm welcome!

Hi, I’m Becca from Crumbs and Chaos, a blog I write with my 3 sisters.  We have 12 children between us, hence the name Crumbs and Chaos…we deal with our fair share on a daily basis.  We love sharing our favorite recipes, tips on controlling the chaos and seeing awesome things from our readers every Saturday at our Seasonal Inspiration link party.  I am honored to be here today at Back for Seconds sharing this sweet treat with you.


I'm not a huge fan of cookies that spread way out when you bake them and the last couple of new-to-me recipes that I've tried have done that.  I am a huge fan of coffee and chocolate and coconut...I couldn't believe when I found them together in one cookie and it wasn't one of those spread-out-when-you-bake-them cookies.  I was super excited!

You can find espresso powder online (I ordered mine from here) and you can use it in all kinds of great things like frostingbrownies and, of course, these cookies. These go perfectly with a cold glass of milk  or an afternoon cup of coffee!


Espresso Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies


  • 3 1/2 cups FLOUR
  • 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
  • 1 teaspoon SEA SALT
  • 2 Tablespoons ESPRESSO POWDER
  • 1 cup UNSALTED BUTTER, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup packed BROWN SUGAR
  • 1 cup GRANULATED SUGAR
  • 2 EGGS
  • 1 Tablespoon VANILLA EXTRACT
  • 1 teaspoon COCONUT EXTRACT
  • 1 cup SEMI_SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
  • 1 cup SHREDDED COCONUT


Preheat oven to 350°.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and espresso powder.  Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and then extracts, beating well after each thing you add.  Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, beat until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut by hand.

Using a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop, drop onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.  Cool on pans for 3 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe Source: Adapted from Annie's Eats

Thanks so much for having me today!


Stop on over and say hi!
Subscribe to our RSS Feed
Follow us on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

These sound like some perfect cookies! Since they have espresso in them, I'd like a couple for breakfast! :)

Fifi said...

These look yummy! I will definitely have to give them a try.

Newest follower via the hop! ☺

Unknown said...

Espresso, chocolate, and coconut is SO up my alley! These look delicious!! Can't wait to try :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh my goodness, what amazing cookies! LOVE the combo of coconut and espresso!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Oooooooh, what a great recipe! I love anything with coconut; these look awesome!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Espresso and coconut? Totally amazing!!

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)