My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple Pie Dip {Something Swanky}

Pin It
Today Ashton from Something Swanky is here! I started following Ashton's blog after seeing her monster cookie obsession. I LOVE monster cookies. Who doesn't, right? She even made a Monster Cookie Dough Dip. Yum! She also has a little crush on Nutella and she made Nutella Kiss Cookies just like one of my all time favorite peanut butter kiss cookies - but with Nutella, mmm.
Let's show Ashton some love!

Hi folks!
Ashton here, from Something Swanky, where I blog about desserts and how to make your blog look pretty :) But who am I kidding? It's really all about the desserts!
I'm super duper excited that Stephanie asked me to guest post today! I'm in love with pretty much every little thing she makes and can say with a surety that this is a very comfy home-away-from-home for me today!!
Sweet dips hold a special place in my tummy heart. My brownie batter dip was the first really successful post I ever had. And I think you always look back on your first successful post fondly, kind of the way you remember your first love.
Because that's when you really start to love blogging. At least that's how it worked for me.
It's not as vain as it sounds, I promise. It's just that once you get a taste of it-- once you feel the rush that comes from seeing lots of total and complete strangers commenting on your blog and pinning your stuff, you start thinking: "hey! I can do this!"
And before you know it, it's a thrill to find new photography tips to try, and you're waking up in the middle of the night writing down a new recipe to try tomorrow, and you're learning all about the best times to post to your different social media pages... and you're completely smitten with blogging.
That's where sweet dips have brought me, and that's why I love them so much.
Oh, plus-- they taste amazing. Here are some of my family's favorites:
Samoa's Dip (my Grandma)
And I'm really excited to share another crowd pleasing sweet dip with you today: Apple Pie Dip! Perfect for Fall entertaining... or eating alone in your sweats. Whatevs.
A big thanks to Stephanie for having me on her blog today!! I hope you'll swing by and see me at my place too! Here are a few other cool places I like to hang out:
Apple Pie Dip
Ingredients:
  • 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces
  • 3 tbsp. butter
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp. nutmeg
  • 2 pre-made pie crusts
Directions:
  1. Melt the butter over low in a medium saucepan.
  2. Toss in the apples,  and stir to coat.
  3. Mix in the sugar, the brown sugar, the flour, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Stir, stir, stir until everything is smooth and well mixed. If the mixture looks to dry, add another tablespoon or two of butter-- but just know that the mixture will get a little "wetter" as the apples continue to cook.
  4. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until apples reach desired softness. Quick tip: If you like your apples really soft, trying microwaving them in a ziptop bag for 1 minute before tossing them in the saucepan. That will help speed up the process and ensure that your apples are plenty soft!
  5. Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter to cut out pie crust rounds. Bake at 400ยบ for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
  6. Serve the dip in individual bowls or in one big bowl, using the pie crust rounds as dippers!
Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, i'm practically drooling reading this recipe!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

This dip looks outrageously good! Love the pie dippers :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Awesome! Of, course, I'm totally partial to pie dip and Ashton, so this post is perfect. :)

Debra Kapellakis said...

It is good to have you here. Yummy recipe. thank you

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)